Some words regarding the vacation mode and the world wonders

• Δημιουργός θέματος DeletedUser11948
  • Ημερομηνία έναρξης
Κατάσταση
Δεν είναι ανοικτή για περαιτέρω απαντήσεις.

DeletedUser11948

Dear Grepolis players,

First of all, I apologize for writing in English, I'm unfortunately unable to read and speak Greek (but I wish I could!). It has been reported to me that your community has experienced several issues regarding the usage of the vacation mode during the era of world wonders. With this announcement, I just would like to clarify the situation and bring some lights to the darkness of the decision that has been made and applied by your local Comminity Manager, Zaitsev.

On May 6th, Zaitsev approached me for the first time regarding this issue: a player with an inactive account was banned 10 days for using his vacation mode to stop enemy alliances from conquering the towns and therefore preventing the construction of the world wonders. Some players protested against this punishment, claiming that it was not fair. As we all know, the Grepolis rules include a paragraph regarding "Fair Play":

§10) Δίκαιο και Ισόνομο Παιχνίδι

Αναμένεται ότι όλοι οι παίχτες θα συμπεριφέρονται με σεβασμό μεταξύ τους και απέναντι στο προσωπικό της Innogames. Αυτό σημαίνει να ακολουθούν τους κανόνες και να δημιουργούν ένα ευχάριστο περιβάλλον για τους παίχτες. Οι διαχειριστές του Grepolis.gr είναι οι τελευταίοι διαιτητές για οποιαδήποτε διαφωνία των κανονισμών. Έχουν την τελική ερμηνεία των κανόνων. Διατηρούμε το δικαίωμα να αποκλείσουμε κάποιον από το παιχνίδι. Όλοι οι παίχτες έχουν το δικαίωμα να κάνουν ένσταση μέσω του συστήματος υποστήριξης. Οι κανόνες μπορούν να αλλαχτούν ή να προσαρμοστούν σε συγκεκριμένες περιπτώσεις κατά την κρίση του CM και Co-CM.

The interpretation of the rules can change from one person to another. Everybody can have different perceptions and opinions regarding this rule. Some of you might think "why don't they list all the forbidden cases to make things clear for everybody?" Well, the thing is that it is not always easy to define which action is considered as fair play and which one is not. We also don't want to make the rules complex than they are already. Getting back to the topic: Zaitsev didn't commit any mistake by banning this player, he just did what he thought would be the best to keep the game fair for everyone and all alliances involved in this fight for the domination of the world wonders.

After that, many of you have been wondering in which case you're allowed to use your vacation mode and in which case you are not allowed. How to differentiate people who want to protect their world wonders and the ones who really need to go on vacations for some days? I discussed the issue with our game designers Tobias and Marcel two weeks ago, and we decided that it was not against the rules to use the vacation mode during the era of world wonders, no matter if it is for a real absence or for protecting a world wonder. Let me explain you why:

The method to save the world wonder is a totally valid method because it is just a combination of two separate existing features of the game. We admit that the world wonders (the feature itself) were not that well designed and this case shouldn't have been allowed. Please understand that we can't change it right now because it would require a complete redesign of the feature by saying, for instance, that only towns located on the island of the world wonder are able to send resources to this world wonder. All in all, this would require a lot of effort, time and work. For us, it wouldn't be smart to do that now considering that a world wonder revamp is planned for 2013 (ref: Grepolis United: Roadmap).

To conclude and summarize: we apologize for the confusion. There was no abuse from the team, just a misinterpretation of the rules as well as a lack of clarification on that case. It is not against the rules to use the vacation mode during the era of world wonders. We will improve that with the planned world wonder revamp.

I thank you for your understanding and wish a nice time and a lot of fun on Grepolis!

Best regards,
Jordan

Κατάσταση
Δεν είναι ανοικτή για περαιτέρω απαντήσεις.
Κορυφή